Home Zambia News 2 year old baby electrocuted in Lusaka

2 year old baby electrocuted in Lusaka

124
Esther Mwaata Katongo

Zambia Police Public Relations Officer Esther Mwaata Katongo has disclosed that a female child aged 2 years and four months was electrocuted in Lusaka’s Kalingalinga Compound.

Esther Mwaata Katongo
Esther Mwaata Katongo

Ms. Katongo in a statement today revealed that the toddler was electrocuted between 17:00 hours and 18:00 hours yesterday and died instantly as she was trying to get an Irish Potato which was behind a fridge.

The body of the deceased juvenile is lying in Kalingalinga Clinic Mortuary.

“A female juvenile aged 2 years and four months was yesterday electrocuted in Lusaka’s Kalingalinga Compound” Ms. Katongo said

Meanwhile, the Zambia Police Spokesperson has disclosed that the driver who was involved in the accident on Kafue Road that was reported as a hit and run turned up the same day and reported himself to the Police.

She said the driver ran away from the scene for fear that a mob may descend on him.

“The driver who was involved in the accident on Kafue Road that was reported as a hit and run turned up the same day and reported himself to the Police” Ms. Katongo said.

Loading...

Source: Lusaka Times

Loading...