A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD boy has died after he was electrocuted while playing near a makeshift stall where there was a live electricity cable.
In a statement today, police spokesperson Esther Katongo said the incident happened yesterday around 19:00 hours.
“Police received a report of Electrocution alleged to have occurred on 12th September 2021 around 1900 hours opposite Mtendere Clinic in which Mariana Mumbi aged 62 of Mtendere reported that her grandchild male juvenile Frederick Mwisa electrocuted whilst playing near a makeshift stall where there was a live electricity cable,” she said.
Mrs. Katongo said a mini-riot erupted but police quickly moved in and quelled it by dispersing all those who wanted to take advantage of the situation to loot innocent people’s shops using teargas.
She said the body of the deceased is in the University Teaching Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.
In Other News: Slay queen slips and drowns at Kafue Marina while taking pictures
A young woman in the company of her friends has drowned at the Kafue Marina. She slipped and fell into the river while trying to take photographs on the pier. Witnesses say the lifeguard was away from the...Learn more