Whether you love it or hate it, Black Friday is fast approaching over the horizon. The bargain-busting bonanza officially arrives in South Africa next week, but the country’s largest supermarket retailers have jumped the gun. Here are the best offers you can already snap-up with Checkers, Pick N Pay, and Woolies (or Woolworths, for the pragmatists).
The retailer is set to drop its first batch of Black Friday deals on Thursday 19 November, and the offers will be in place until the close of business on Saturday 21 November. New promotions and deals will then pop-up as we get closer to Friday 27 November – the official date of the now-customary shopping frenzy.
You’ll need to download the Checkers ‘Sixty60’ app to access these deals. From tomorrow, the following offers go live:
- 30% OFF: Large tins of Quality Street, 4 x 250ml of Red Bull, 6 x 200ml of Fitch and Lees Tonic Water.
- 40% OFF: 250g tubs of Lurpack, 600g blocks of Lancewood Cheddar, selected bottles of Appletizer.
- R30 OFF: One-kilogram trays of prepared beef lasagne, 6 x 500ml cans of Castle Lite.
- R50 OFF: Selected bottles of Klipdrift Brandy.
- R55 OFF: OMO laundry capsules.
- R60 OFF: Selected bottles of Tanqueray Gin, Bio-Oil Skincare (125ml bottles).
- R85 OFF: Finish dishwashing tablets.
- R120 OFF: One-litre bottles of Jack Daniels Whiskey.
PICK N PAY
Offering perhaps the best all-round Black Friday package, Pick N Pay has a number of deals that have already gone live – 289, to be precise, across 13 different retail categories. Some offers are available online only, but over the course of the next week, shoppers can score themselves some truly savvy savings:
In Other News: Shadaya Reveals How She Met Ginimbi
Zimbabwean businessman Ginimbi, passed away on Sunday morning after he was involved in a fatal car crash claiming three of his friends including famous fitness bunny Moana.