A two-month-old baby was found on top of his mother’s decomposing corpse. Kentucky cops in the United States discovered the body days after the 29-year-old had reportedly died from a drug overdose.
According to the Daily Star, the baby survived for days by chewing on his own fingers.
Cops visited the mum’s apartment after she had not been seen for several days, and made the gruesome discovery.
The babies’ gogo, Adriane Wade, said: “We had a good day.”
Five days later she allegedly received a call from Louisville Metro Police Department in Kentucky to go to her daughter’s apartment to identify her body.
The publication reports the baby was in the apartment while the mum’s body was decomposing, and his hand was raw from trying to eat to survive.
“God is involved. It’s very miraculous. He ate his hand raw. He was in there for days without survival techniques,” said the gogo.
In other news – #RIPMom: Condolences pour in to Uzalo actress Gugu Gumede
KaMagwaza-Msibi died of cardiac arrest linked to Covid-19 after being admitted to Umhlanga Hospital in Durban two weeks ago. She had suffered a major stroke in 2014, that placed her in a coma for a few days and affected her speech. Learn More