Manchester United speaks on Marcus Rashford injury. Rashford has been ruled out for at least two months with a double stress fracture in his back and there has been confusion over whether he was carrying the injury before he came on in the second half of the FA Cup third-round replay win over Wolves.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has clarified Marcus Rashford suffered a fresh injury against Wolves last week. Solskjaer says Rashford first voiced discomfort after the 2-0 win at Burnley on December 28 and was substituted as a precaution in the 4-0 thrashing of Norwich City on January 11. “He won’t be fit for this game, that’s for sure,” Solskjaer said of the Wednesday night visit of Burnley. “He will be out for a while, he’ll get the time he needs to recover.
“He’s not had that injury before, no. He complained a little bit after the last time we played Burnley, he felt it the first time. And we managed him as well as we could then.
“He had some days off for treatment, he was taken off in games and didn’t start every game and, suddenly, this was a new injury. So he didn’t have any injuries before then, no.
“Marcus is good, he’s a positive guy and he knows that this is not what he wanted but he’s always positive. He wants to get back as quickly as positive and safely as possible. And we’ll give him that time. And, when he feels ready and medically we’ve cleared him, he’ll be back.”
United are understood to have identified certain youngsters to promote to the first-team squad before the end of the season but Solskjaer did not confirm which players would be integrated.
“It might be too early for them yet,” he added. “Of course Mason [Greenwood]’s going to get more chances now, Juan [Mata] will have to step up again. “So there’ll be more chances for the ones we’ve got in the squad, we know we’re stretched for numbers with injuries we’ve had but we’ll cope with that.”
Source – msn.com