15.3 C
Friday, September 24, 2021

Phone battery explosion set 3 Chasefu houses on fire

Must read

Three houses in Chasefu District – Eastern province have been burnt after the phone batteries left charging on the solar panels exploded into flames in two separate incidences.

The first incident involved the house of AARON CHIWOWA of Maiwako Village of Senior Chief Magodi’s area where he has lost property worth over 7,000 Kwacha in the inferno.

Mr. CHIWOWA narrated that he had left the phone charging from his solar panels while he went to attend to his garden.

He, however, said the phone battery exploded between 10.00 and 11.00 hours, causing the fire that burnt down his house and spread to another house in the neighborhood.

Mr. CHIWOWA said both his house and that of his neighbor MAXWELL MWANZA were completely burnt.

He said Mr. MWANZA lost household property worth 12,000 Kwacha.

ZANIS reports that a similar incident also happened at Kajintha Village in senior chief Magodi’s area when a house belonging to LANGIWELL NYIRENDA caught fire after a mobile battery exploded while charging from a solar panel and has lost household goods wor
h 18,000 Kwacha.

Meanwhile, The Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit -DMMU- has given the victims 37 by 25-kilogram bags of mealie-meal and a tent as temporary measures.

DMMU Acting District Chairperson DIANA LUPIYA has since advised people in the district to take precautions whenever they are charging phones on the solar panels to avoid such occurrences.


A beautiful love story between TV personalities Simphiwe Ngema and Tino Chinyani has ended following an ‘entanglement’ after Ngema confirmed this on her Instagram account.

It is Alleged that Tino is the father of Zenande Mfenyana daughter & it might be the main reason for the collapse of his marriage with Simz. The break-up comes after. LEARN MORE

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Most Read

Latest article