South Africa declares Coronavirus a national disaster. At the time of the address, South Africa has 51 confirmed Coronavirus cases. First, on the list, Ramaphosa announced a travel ban.
The South African Government has issued an emergency press release to highlight the actions they are undertaking to prevent the spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus. After a lengthy cabinet briefing behind closed doors, President Cyril Ramaphosa addresses the nation.
Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa is imposing travel on high-risk countries such as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Germany, the US, UK, China. This is effective 18 March. Any foreign national who’s been to these countries will not be allowed in
Ramaphosa also announced that schools will be closed earlier than anticipated. Cyril Ramaphosa: “Schools will be closed from Wednesday till after Easter.”
All gatherings with more than 100 people were also cancelled. This also affected Human Rights celebrations. Human Rights Day gathering is cancelled and other social gatherings that include more than 100 people.
Cyril Ramaphosa finished his speech with some positive words: We are not helpless we have the expertise and knowledge to fight this disease. If we act swiftly we can limit the effect on our people & country.
Here is the summary of the address:
- Declared national disaster.
- Limit contact between person.
- Imposing travel ban between high-risk countries.
- Cancelled/revoked visas.
- Reframe all forms of international travel.
- Self-isolation and testing on citizens returning from international countries.
- Strengthen screening at airports.
- SA has 72 ports of entries, 35 will be shut down effective Monday.
- Discourage all national travel.
- Gatherings of more than 100 people prohibited.
- Small gatherings unavoidable prevention and control needed.
- School closes 18 March till Easter weekend.
- Visits to all correctional services are suspended for 30 days.
- Businesses to intensify hygiene control.
*NB This is a developing story and will be updated as more information trickles in
Watch video below
Source – iHarare
More News >> Leaked Video of boss assaulting employee angers social media – Video
Leaked Video of boss assaulting employee angers social media – Video. A video has gone viral on social media in which a man can be seen assaulting one of his employees. In the undated video, the irate boss angrily summons one of his workers and castigates him for sleeping on the job.
He then proceeds to assault the unfortunate man with his open hands. Two other men who are at the scene of the assault quickly slink away when the boss starts assaulting their…continue reading.