20.1 C
Lusaka
Tuesday, October 19, 2021

US offers $5 million reward for info on ex-Guinea-Bissau army chief

Must read

The United States has offered a $5m (£3.7m) reward for information leading to the arrest or conviction of former Guinea-Bissau military chief Antonio Indjai.

Mr Indjai led a coup in the West African country in 2012 before he was dismissed two years later in a democratic transition.

The US authorities indicted him in 2013 on accusations of plotting to traffic cocaine and sell weapons to Colombian rebels.

On Thursday, the US Department of State noted that Mr Indjal had been a subject of a UN travel ban since May 2012 as a result of his participation in the coup.

It said he was seen as one of the “most powerful” figures using illegal proceeds to corrupt and destabilise other foreign governments and undermine the rule of law throughout the region”.

“Indjai led a criminal organization […] even while serving as head of the Guinea Bissau Armed Forces,” it said in a statement.

He faces charges of narco-terrorism conspiracy, conspiracy to import cocaine among others.

In Other News: LADY ZAMAR LABELED A LIAR AMID RAPE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST SJAVA

Lady Zamar gets trolled on Friday morning as most social media users re-visit the allegations she made against her ex-lover, Sjava.Lady Zamar

Over a year ago the singer said the BET award-winner raped and abused her emotionally. Though, the case was later dismissed in court due to lack of evidence. The allegations affected Sjavas career and almost. Learn more

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Most Read

Latest article