Ilkay Gundogan has signed for Barcelona on a free transfer at the end of his Manchester City contract, the Catalan club said Monday.
The German midfielder, 32, has agreed a two-year deal with the option for a year’s extension and a release clause of 400 million euros ($436 million). Gundogan joined City from Borussia Dortmund, where he won the Bundesliga and German Cup in 2012.
In Manchester, he scored 60 goals in 304 appearances for City. Barcelona’s new signing bolsters a midfield with plenty of options, including young Spaniards Pedri and Gavi, and Dutchman Frenkie de Jong.
However, coach Xavi Hernandez has said the club still need to sign a defensive midfielder after captain Sergio Busquets left for Inter Miami at the end of his contract.
Source: eNCA
In other news – Zakes Bantwini confirms retirement from music
Zakes Bantwini is playing no games with his retirement plans as he confirmed the decision with the announcement of his final studio album titled, Abantu.
The musician has had an amazing music career over the past months and the first announcement about his retirement occurred late last year. At his 40something birthday celebration which he hosted days ago, Zakes spoke about the project; he said it will be out this November. Learn more


FIFA to Announce Club World Cup Draw Amid Growing Apathy and Legal Disputes
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Double Propels Al Nassr to the Verge of AFC Champions League Last 16
Pep Guardiola Extends Manchester City Contract
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag unfazed by absences ahead of Fenerbahce test
Diego Martínez, new coach of UD Las Palmas
Alejandro Garnacho out of Argentina squad with knee problem
Italian banned for 10 matches for racist abuse of Wolves striker Hwang
FA charge Evangelos Marinakis with misconduct after defeat by Fulham
Fifa to allow signings to play in Club World Cup
No reason for Erik ten Hag to ‘panic’ despite mounting pressure on Manchester United manager