Chorizo prawn and pesto penne recipe. For an easy mid-week dinner try this delicious all-in-one chorizo, prawn, and pesto pasta.
* 250g penne
* 260g Coles Australian Raw Prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
* 400g chorizo sausage, sliced
* 1/3 cup (90g) basil pesto
* 1/3 cup (50g) sliced black olives
* 180g cherry bocconcini, coarsely torn
* 1 long red chilli, chopped (optional)
* Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
3 Method / Steps
Cook the penne in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the prawns for 2 mins on each side or until the prawns curl and change color. Transfer to a plate. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
Return the prawns to the pan with the penne, pesto, olive, bocconcini and chili, if using. Season and toss to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
source – cooking365coza