• Latest
  • Trending
Israel

Israel intercepts rocket fired from Gaza

01/12/2023
Edgar Lungu Burial

Edgar Lungu Burial Saga Deepens as Mortuary Refuses to Take Back His Body

24/04/2026
Edgar Lungu burial

Edgar Lungu Still Not Buried as Legal Battle Takes New Twist

24/04/2026
Queen Nadia

Queen Nadia TV: From Viral Fame to Controversy – The Story Still Trending Across Africa

30/03/2026
Shawki Fawaz

Shawki Fawaz Arrested in K100 Million Tax Scandal – What We Know So Far

30/03/2026
court - Man Demands Sex from Ex Wife

“He Still Wants Sex in Lodges” – Woman Tells Court After Divorce Shocking Details

30/03/2026
China Zambia Medical Cooperation

Crossing mountains and oceans, China and Zambia join hands for health

30/03/2026
Queen Nadia TV

Queen Nadia TV: Viral Clips, Millions of Views — and Why Facebook Refused to Ban Her Page

02/02/2026
Premier League

EPL Matchweek 24: Arsenal Pull Clear as Šeško Stuns Old Trafford in Dramatic Premier League Weekend

02/02/2026
Online Casinos in South Africa - Gambling

Kiwis Deserve Safe Gambling That Gives Back

14/08/2025
Casino

Why More African Players Are Turning to Live Casinos

12/08/2025
Betting

The Voucher Economy: How Prepaid Access Is Powering Zambia’s Betting Boom

14/07/2025
Mwaka Halwindi Sextapes

From “Boss Lady” to Scandal: Mwaka Halwindi sextapes rocks Zambia

08/07/2025
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
ZambiaNews365.com
  • Home
  • Zambia News
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • World
  • Scandals
  • Sports
  • More
    • Food & Drink
    • Lifestyle
    • Travel
    • Fitness & Training
No Result
View All Result
ZambiaNews365.com
No Result
View All Result
Home World News

Israel intercepts rocket fired from Gaza

by Dennis Milanzi
01/12/2023
in World News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Israel
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Israel’s military said it intercepted a rocket fired from Gaza early this morning while Hamas-affiliated media reported sounds of gunfire and explosions in the north of the coastal strip shortly before a deadline to extend a seven-day truce was set to expire. Air raid sirens sounded in Israeli communities near the border with Gaza as the 7 a.m. (0500 GMT) deadline to extend the pause in fighting neared.

Israel’s Kan public broadcaster described the sirens as the first to sound since the truce, which has been extended twice, began on November 24. Neither side has announced an extension to the truce.

There was no immediate comment from Hamas or claim of responsibility for the launch. Israel’s military said its Iron Dome missile defence system had intercepted the projectile.

The Shehab News Agency, which is considered close to Hamas, reported explosions and gunfire could be heard in the northern part of the Gaza Strip. Other Hamas-affiliated media reported sounds of military and drone aircraft flying over Gaza City. No other details were immediately available.

After two last-minute extensions, the enemies marked the seventh day of a Qatari-mediated truce yesterday with the exchange of eight hostages and 30 Palestinian prisoners as well as the infusion of more humanitarian aid into the shattered Gaza Strip.

Mark Regev, an adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said Israel was open to continuing the ceasefire if Hamas committed to further hostage releases. Israel had previously set the release of 10 hostages a day as the minimum it would accept to pause its assault. We’re ready for all possibilities…. Without that, we’re going back to the combat,” he said on CNN.

Before the prior truce was due to expire early yesterday, Hamas and its ally, the armed wing of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, put their fighters on alert for a resumption of hostilities.

Israel has sworn to annihilate Hamas, which rules Gaza, in response to the October 7 rampage by the militant group, when Israel says gunmen killed 1 200 people and took 240 hostages. Israel retaliated with intense bombardment and a ground invasion. Palestinian health authorities deemed reliable by the United Nations say more than 15 000 Gazans have been confirmed killed.

Source:  news365

In  other news – Nigerian star Rema cancels all December shows due to health issues

Nigerian star Rema announces he is taking a break this December due to his health. The Afrobeat star ought to be in South Africa next week as he was booked to perform at the Hey Neighbour Fest in Pretoria, on December 9.

Rema

Taking to his Instagram stories, the Calm Down hitmaker says he has canceled his December shows. Read more

Tags: GazaIsrael
Share196Tweet123
Dennis Milanzi

Dennis Milanzi

Related Posts

Pope Francis

Pope Francis dies aged 88 just hours after meeting JD Vance

by Dennis Milanzi
21/04/2025

Pope Francis has died at the age of 88, the Vatican has announced. His passing marks the end of a...

India

India Signals Readiness to Pursue Stronger, Strategic China Business Ties After Border Dispute Resolution

by Dennis Milanzi
04/12/2024

India has signaled its intent to re-engage with China economically after a prolonged border standoff that strained relations between the...

Yoon Suk Yeol and South Korea

South Korea’s president Yoon Suk Yeol faces calls to resign

by Dennis Milanzi
04/12/2024

South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol is under increasing pressure to resign amid mounting public and political discontent. Critics cite...

South Korea

South Korea troops try to storm parliament after martial law declared

by Dennis Milanzi
03/12/2024

South Korea faced a dramatic escalation of political and civil unrest as troops attempted to storm the National Assembly following...

  • Trending
  • Latest
Najmul Hossain

Najmul Hossain ton guides Bangladesh to 235-2 against Afghanistan

14/06/2023
Pearl Modiadie jet set with her new boyfriend to the islands

Pearl Modiadie jet set with her new boyfriend to the islands

14/06/2023
Virgil van Dijk

Netherlands’ defender Virgil van Dijk wants his country to lift the Nations League trophy this year

14/06/2023
Thobile and Musa Mseleku

VIDEO: Thobile Khumalo heavily spoils her hubby, Musa Mseleku on his birthday

14/06/2023
Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport’s career mode could be groundbreaking

14/06/2023
Edgar Lungu Burial

Edgar Lungu Burial Saga Deepens as Mortuary Refuses to Take Back His Body

24/04/2026
Edgar Lungu burial

Edgar Lungu Still Not Buried as Legal Battle Takes New Twist

24/04/2026
Queen Nadia

Queen Nadia TV: From Viral Fame to Controversy – The Story Still Trending Across Africa

30/03/2026
Shawki Fawaz

Shawki Fawaz Arrested in K100 Million Tax Scandal – What We Know So Far

30/03/2026
court - Man Demands Sex from Ex Wife

“He Still Wants Sex in Lodges” – Woman Tells Court After Divorce Shocking Details

30/03/2026
ZambiaNews365.com

Email: editor@news365.co.za

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • Zambia News
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • World
  • Scandals
  • Sports
  • More

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Zambia News
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • World
  • Scandals
  • Sports
  • More
    • Food & Drink
    • Lifestyle
    • Travel
    • Fitness & Training

Email: editor@news365.co.za