Zambia News

25-year-old Mokambo lady electrocuted while drying clothes

A DAY to do laundry tragically ended in death when a 25-year-old lady from Mokambo on the Copperbelt was electrocuted to death on a drying line while hanging her clothes to dry.

Hellen Mutale was electrocuted, resulting in serious body burns.

The incident was confirmed by Copperbelt police commanding officer Peacewell Mweemba, who stated that it happened in Mokambo at around 15:30.

He said that the victim’s aunt Jessica Mulenga had reported the incident.

Brief facts are that the deceased, after washing clothes, went to hang her clothes on the drying line. Whilst doing that, she was electrocuted. The matter was reported to Police who visited the scene and established that the drying line was tied to a caprose. Unfortunately, the drying line had contact with the iron sheets, which also had contact with a live electricity cable on the roof. This is how the victim was electrocuted and sustained severe body burns.The body has been deposited in Ronald Ross mortuary hospital and an inquiry file opened,” he said

Back to top button