Zambia News

35 Year Old Woman Electrocuted to Death While Attending Bathroom

Sadly, one of the Christmas fatalities this year was a 35-year-old lady from the Plainview neighborhood of Lusaka, whose decision to go and heed the call of nature led to her death.

It’s thought that Alice Nyambe was electrocuted at a temporary business when she was attending to a bathroom need.

According to Danny Mwale, deputy spokesperson for the Zambian police, the incident took place on Sunday at around 16:45.

According to him, the victim went to a temporary business that had unauthorized electrical connections to relieve herself, but regrettably she was electrocuted and died there and then.

“Facts are that on Sunday, December 25th around 16:45 hours, the now deceased went to answer a call of nature at a Makeshift Shop which has illegal electrical connetions and whilst doing that, she was electrocuted and died on the spot. An inquiry file has been opened and the body of the deceased has been deposited at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) Mortuary awaiting Postmortem and burial,” he said.

Back to top button