• Latest
  • Trending
Benjamin Netanyahu

Gaza: Israeli PM Netanyahu says Rafah attack will happen regardless of deal

01/05/2024
Edgar Lungu Burial

Edgar Lungu Burial Saga Deepens as Mortuary Refuses to Take Back His Body

24/04/2026
Edgar Lungu burial

Edgar Lungu Still Not Buried as Legal Battle Takes New Twist

24/04/2026
Queen Nadia

Queen Nadia TV: From Viral Fame to Controversy – The Story Still Trending Across Africa

30/03/2026
Shawki Fawaz

Shawki Fawaz Arrested in K100 Million Tax Scandal – What We Know So Far

30/03/2026
court - Man Demands Sex from Ex Wife

“He Still Wants Sex in Lodges” – Woman Tells Court After Divorce Shocking Details

30/03/2026
China Zambia Medical Cooperation

Crossing mountains and oceans, China and Zambia join hands for health

30/03/2026
Queen Nadia TV

Queen Nadia TV: Viral Clips, Millions of Views — and Why Facebook Refused to Ban Her Page

02/02/2026
Premier League

EPL Matchweek 24: Arsenal Pull Clear as Šeško Stuns Old Trafford in Dramatic Premier League Weekend

02/02/2026
Online Casinos in South Africa - Gambling

Kiwis Deserve Safe Gambling That Gives Back

14/08/2025
Casino

Why More African Players Are Turning to Live Casinos

12/08/2025
Betting

The Voucher Economy: How Prepaid Access Is Powering Zambia’s Betting Boom

14/07/2025
Mwaka Halwindi Sextapes

From “Boss Lady” to Scandal: Mwaka Halwindi sextapes rocks Zambia

08/07/2025
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
ZambiaNews365.com
  • Home
  • Zambia News
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • World
  • Scandals
  • Sports
  • More
    • Food & Drink
    • Lifestyle
    • Travel
    • Fitness & Training
No Result
View All Result
ZambiaNews365.com
No Result
View All Result
Home World News

Gaza: Israeli PM Netanyahu says Rafah attack will happen regardless of deal

by Dennis Milanzi
01/05/2024
in World News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
Benjamin Netanyahu
491
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will launch an invasion of the southern Gaza city of Rafah regardless of truce talks with Hamas. It comes amid ongoing attempts to try to reach an agreement for a ceasefire and hostage releases.

But at a meeting of hostages’ relatives, Mr Netanyahu said he would invade “with or without” a deal. His comments follow renewed warnings by the US against a Rafah invasion unless civilians were properly protected.

In a phone call with Mr Netanyahu on Sunday, US President Joe Biden “reiterated his clear position” on Rafah, a White House statement said. Mr Biden has previously described an invasion of Rafah as a “red line”.On Tuesday, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said an assault on Rafah would be an “unbearable escalation”, appealing for “all those with influence over Israel to do everything in their power to prevent it”.

More than half of Gaza’s 2.5m population is in Rafah, having fled there to escape fighting in other parts of the territory. Conditions in the overcrowded city are dire, and displaced people there have spoken of a lack of food, water and medication.

The West Bank-based Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Monday that an invasion of Rafah would be the “biggest catastrophe in the Palestinian people’s history”.

Israeli sources told the Reuters news agency on Monday that plans to attack Rafah would be shelved in favour of a “sustained period of calm” if a ceasefire agreement between Hamas and Israeli was reached.

Days earlier, Israel’s Foreign Minister Israel Katz told Israeli Channel 12 television that “if there will be a deal, we will suspend the [Rafah] operationBut on Tuesday Mr Netanyahu insisted that the war would continue until Israel had achieved all of its objectives in Rafah.

“The idea that we will halt the war before achieving all of its goals is out of the question,” he said.

“We will enter Rafah and we will eliminate the Hamas battalions there with or without a deal, in order to achieve the total victory,” according to a statement issued by Mr Netanyahu’s office.

It said the families urged the prime minister and his national security adviser, Tzachi Hanegbi, to continue the war and ignore mounting international pressure. Many hostage families however have publicly demonstrated for the government to agree to a deal to return their loved ones at any cost.

About 130 hostages from among 253 kidnapped by Hamas during its unprecedented attack on Israel on 7 October remain unaccounted for. At least 34 of them are presumed dead. The rest have been released or rescued.

Source: eNCA

In other news – Shane Eagle announces partnership with Pepsi

Shane Eagle announces partnership with Pepsi. The South African rapper has been making some exciting moves and the latest is with the drink brand.

Shane Eagle

Taking to social media, he shared a video of himself talking about the brand and his partnership with them. Read more

Tags: Benjamin NetanyahuGazaGaza city of RafahIsraeli PM Netanyahu
Share196Tweet123
Dennis Milanzi

Dennis Milanzi

Related Posts

Pope Francis

Pope Francis dies aged 88 just hours after meeting JD Vance

by Dennis Milanzi
21/04/2025

Pope Francis has died at the age of 88, the Vatican has announced. His passing marks the end of a...

India

India Signals Readiness to Pursue Stronger, Strategic China Business Ties After Border Dispute Resolution

by Dennis Milanzi
04/12/2024

India has signaled its intent to re-engage with China economically after a prolonged border standoff that strained relations between the...

Yoon Suk Yeol and South Korea

South Korea’s president Yoon Suk Yeol faces calls to resign

by Dennis Milanzi
04/12/2024

South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol is under increasing pressure to resign amid mounting public and political discontent. Critics cite...

South Korea

South Korea troops try to storm parliament after martial law declared

by Dennis Milanzi
03/12/2024

South Korea faced a dramatic escalation of political and civil unrest as troops attempted to storm the National Assembly following...

  • Trending
  • Latest
Najmul Hossain

Najmul Hossain ton guides Bangladesh to 235-2 against Afghanistan

14/06/2023
Pearl Modiadie jet set with her new boyfriend to the islands

Pearl Modiadie jet set with her new boyfriend to the islands

14/06/2023
Virgil van Dijk

Netherlands’ defender Virgil van Dijk wants his country to lift the Nations League trophy this year

14/06/2023
Thobile and Musa Mseleku

VIDEO: Thobile Khumalo heavily spoils her hubby, Musa Mseleku on his birthday

14/06/2023
Forza Motorsport

Forza Motorsport’s career mode could be groundbreaking

14/06/2023
Edgar Lungu Burial

Edgar Lungu Burial Saga Deepens as Mortuary Refuses to Take Back His Body

24/04/2026
Edgar Lungu burial

Edgar Lungu Still Not Buried as Legal Battle Takes New Twist

24/04/2026
Queen Nadia

Queen Nadia TV: From Viral Fame to Controversy – The Story Still Trending Across Africa

30/03/2026
Shawki Fawaz

Shawki Fawaz Arrested in K100 Million Tax Scandal – What We Know So Far

30/03/2026
court - Man Demands Sex from Ex Wife

“He Still Wants Sex in Lodges” – Woman Tells Court After Divorce Shocking Details

30/03/2026
ZambiaNews365.com

Email: editor@news365.co.za

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • Zambia News
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • World
  • Scandals
  • Sports
  • More

Follow Us

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Zambia News
  • Entertainment
  • Football
  • World
  • Scandals
  • Sports
  • More
    • Food & Drink
    • Lifestyle
    • Travel
    • Fitness & Training

Email: editor@news365.co.za