Russian air strikes hit two western regions of Ukraine bordering NATO member Poland and other areas on Tuesday, killing three people and wounding more than a dozen, Ukrainian officials said. Local media said the attacks were the largest air assault on the Lviv region since the Russian invasion in February 2022.
The fatalities were reported in the northwestern region of Volyn. Officials said an industrial enterprise in the regional capital Lutsk was struck in the overnight attack. Several people were also hospitalised, Governor Yuriy Pohulyaiko said.
Fifteen people were also wounded in the Lviv region, Governor Maksym Kozytskyi said. Six missiles damaged dozens of buildings and a kindergarten playground in and around the regional capital. Both Volyn and Lviv border NATO member Poland and are hundreds of miles from the front line, where Ukraine’s military is fending off Russian troops in the nearly 18-month-old war.
Lviv city had been spared much of Russia’s air attacks until July, when seven people were killed by a missile that slammed into a residential building near the historic center.
The city has generally been seen as a safe haven from the conflict, with some government offices moving there and international NGOs using it as a base. It has also been a transit point for Ukrainians fleeing the conflict to Poland and beyond.
“The daily terror of the Russians has a single goal: to break us, our spirit for fighting,” Andriy Yermak, the head of Ukraine’s presidential administration, wrote on Telegram. “This will not happen. At least two people were also wounded in Dnipro, in central Ukraine, where Governor Serhiy Lysak said a business enterprise and a sports complex had been hit.
Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said civilian infrastructure, including schools and a hospital, had been damaged in a total of eight regions in Tuesday’s attacks, which the air force said involved at least 28 cruise missiles. Sixteen missiles were shot down, the air force said, and no other casualties were immediately reported.
In other news – Mzansi wants Prince Kaybee to be cancelled following Cyan Boujee’s accusations
Social media influencer Cyan Boujee’s recent interview on Podcast and Chill with MacG and Sol Phenduka has fuelled calls for Prince Kaybee to be cancelled.
During her telephonic chat with the YouTube podcast, Cyan Boujee – born Honour Zuma – said she can bodly say that it was Prince Kaybee behind the explicit video that has since gone viral. She further said that the Club Controller hitmaker recorded it when they met-up in Cape Town two years ago. Read more